Kootenai County Auditor's Office
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Wage/Salary: $85,496 to $101,592/Yr/DOE
Date Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2022
Date Closing: Sunday, June 26, 2022
URL for this job:
UNDER THE ELECTED KOOTENAI COUNTY CLERK THE FINANCE DIRECTOR:
- Will direct the annual budgeting process, including preparing the budget, and presenting the budget in various public meetings to the community and to employees at all levels of the organization
- Presents the annual revenues and projects fund balance in accordance with direction established by the County Clerk and Board of County Commissioners
- Directs the development, interpretation and dissemination of financial information throughout the organization
View the full job description.
- $85,496.58 to $101,592.14 per year depending on experience
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.94% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (nicotine free rate). View our entire benefits package.
- 40 hours of paid vacation after 6 months of full-time employment
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, Management or a closely related field?
- Do you have a minimum of ten (10) years related experience and/or training?
o NOTE: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Do you possess the following licenses or certificates: Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) or Certified Public Financial Officer (CPFO)?
- Do you possess a high degree of technological competence, exceptional written and verbal interpersonal communication skills, and a high degree of initiative?
- Do you have an in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the standards of both the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and their application in County government?
- Do you possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and are you insurable?
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities
Please attach cover letter, resume and copies of certifications to the online application. Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent drug tests as well as a financial/credit background check.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace