The North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO) office, located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking a highly motivated professional for the position of Accountant. The NFRMPO is a federally designated transportation planning organization and a state-designated air quality planning agency. The NFRMPO does work on behalf of 15-member governments and over 500,000 residents.
The Accountant is a key position within the organization that handles a variety of accounting functions and ensure the MPO follows policies and procedures to maintain accounting standards. This position can either have full knowledge and experience or a recent graduate that would like to grow into this position. The NFRMPO offers a flexible work schedule and has a hybrid work environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree and a minimum of three years related governmental accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Advanced Excel knowledge is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics (Great Plains) software preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in governmental accounting, budgeting, finance, payroll, pension plan, and investment laws, regulations and principles
- Working ability in accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in all accounting and payroll functions
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, customers, other government agencies, and staff
- Ability to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Understanding of Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB) pronouncements and interpretations.
- Expertise and knowledge of standard office software and general office equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including grammar and editing skills.
The salary range of the position is $25.00- $36.06 hourly, commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate. This is a 40-hour per week full-time position and includes NFRMPO benefits .
A full description of the Accountant position as well as an employment application, can be found here: http://nfrmpo.org/jobs.
Please email completed applications and resumes to Barbara Bills, Office Administrator at email@example.com. This position is open until filled.