Rancho Murieta Community Services District is now accepting applications for one (1) Full Time Accounting Supervisor.
To be considered you must send mandatory completed District application and cover letter to Personnel, RMCSD, PO Box 1050, Rancho Murieta, CA 95683 or apply in person: 15160 Jackson Road, Rancho Murieta, CA, or email firstname.lastname@example.org AA/EOE. You can find the application at https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/employment-opportunities
- Oversees and administers the business and front office operations of the District, providing assignments, direction and evaluation of direct-report department staff members;
- Assists in overseeing and administering accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank deposits, bank reconciliation and associated general journal preparation and entry;
- Oversees and administers District payroll processing; maintains personnel records, salary information, surveys and benefits coordination and advises on personnel issues; performs other Human Resources (HR) duties as assigned;
- Assists in planning, organizing and directing all phases of the District’s Human Resources Department, including recruitment and selection, policy and procedure development, classification and compensation analysis, employee training and development, labor relations, risk management and safety; provides information on human resources law, policies, and procedures; develops manuals, policies, procedures and forms necessary to the effective operation of the office;
- Conducts compensation and classifications studies and provides results to the Director of Administration;
- Supports the Director of Administration and General Manager in conducting analysis, preparing information and implementing the result of confidential bargaining unit negotiations;
- Manages and monitors the performance evaluation processes of the District insuring the completion of accurate, objective and timely performance evaluations;
- Coordinates and monitors worker’s compensation claims of the District acting as a liaison with the department head, supervisor, employee and the District’s risk management program director;
- Knowledgeable in processing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, enforcement of cash handling process and bank deposits. Procedures, policies, rules and practices affecting the development, maintenance and control of fiscal and personnel record keeping systems. Principles and practices of governmental accounting, auditing, and budgeting. Federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations governing accountability of funds in public agencies. District policies, rules and regulations. Basic budget preparation procedures.
- Ability to assign, review, plan, coordinate and guide the work of other employees; evaluate the work of employees and assist in the preparation of performance appraisals; promote staff development and motivation and to train staff; analyze problems that arise in the areas under supervision and recommend solutions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
The following combination of training and experience providing the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying:
- Minimum Education: AA degree or equivalent level college coursework in accounting, finance and business administration, or a closely related field with coursework in accounting. A Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting (or closely related field) is highly desirable.
- Four (4) years of technical experience in governmental or private financial, accounting, personnel recordkeeping activities, general office administration sufficient to demonstrate the ability to perform a variety of administrative, personnel, and customer services tasks. Government agency experience in these skill areas is preferable.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATES:
- Possession and maintenance of a California Driver's license and insurability
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices; operation, administration, policies and procedures relating to government administration and finance; data management including word processing, spreadsheets and database systems.
- CalPERS retirement of 2.0% at 55 for classic members, 2.0% at 62 for new members, and medical, dental, and vision benefits. Visit https://www.ranchomurietacsd.com/employment for more information and the online available District application.
Closing Date: Until Filled