The primary function of this position performs professional financial and accounting work involving preparation, implementation, and execution of county-wide and special district budgets, for all fund entities of the County. They will ensure compliance with Chapter 129. F.S., for control of County finances, and other statutory provisions, for timely preparation and execution of legally adopted County budgets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Preparation and development of the Proposed and Adopted annual budget based on the organization’s performance, revenue and expense analysis, best practices, and techniques for effective budgeting
- Examines budget requests for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Examines budget estimates and accounts of departments and reviews County financial reports to assist in planning future budgets
- Lead the annual Capital Improvements Program (CIP), capital budgets, and related activity.
- In coordination with Budget & Finance Team and operating departments, ensure that the fiscal information on all agenda items is properly completed and that appropriated funds are available
- Prepares quarterly revenue and expenditure projections. Conducts research/analysis projects on ongoing basis on a variety of budget/ management issues.
- Review operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs, correlate appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for departmental programs
- Prepare for and make budget workshop/meeting presentations
- Develop schedules and timeline and submit required reports for the annual TRIM compliance report to the Florida
- Department of Revenue. Responsible for all advertisements regarding budgets
- In conjunction with the Budget & Finance Director, consult with County staff and Department Heads to ensure that budget and financial tracking, expenditures, revenue, and adjustments are made in accordance with County policies and procedures
- Respond to CIP, and budget inquiries; develop informational materials for distribution and/or publication on the County’s website
- Attend work promptly and regularly; occasionally may be required to work variable hours and attend night meetings
- Reviews and recommend approval/disapproval of department's request to fill existing vacancies
- Perform other related work as assigned. These additional duties may be representative of tasks typically performed by those in a lesser or more advanced job grade
- Assists during activation of the EOC in monitoring financial obligations of the County