Budget Manager | Office of Management & Budget | REQ 1513
Job Family: Management / Supervisory
Posting Start Date: 04/16/2021 | Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Minimum Annual Salary: $90,033.21 * Salary to Commensurate Experience*
Hours: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm; and as required.
Who We Are Needing On Our Team
Do you have what it takes to join our dedicated Office of Management & Budget team? Then this career is just for you! In this position, you will be responsible for developing and analyzing the City budget to assure that public funds are allocated to best serve the citizens needs and meet the priorities set by the City Council.
Let us know if the following describes you:
- Strong trusted partner who proactively collaborates with peers
- Team Leadership
- Time and Priority Management
- Supervisory Experience
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strategic, creative, and a critical thinker
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of principles of municipal budget preparation and administration
- Knowledge of Government Accounting Standards (GASB), Financial accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) standards
If you are ready for the challenge, you will:
- Manage a variety of budget functions, evaluate, and analyze financial issues and polices, recommends solutions and coordinates work with other City departments and public agencies.
- Research budget issues and evaluate financial data and trends, project future resource availability and recommend corrective actions.
- Oversee the work activities of assigned staff and monitor documents and accounts for compliance with departmental polices and procedures.
- Prepare and present status and summary reports, financial statements and assure effective communication of financial issues.
- Manage the development, coordination, and control the City’s annual budget while monitoring the financial conditions and provide the appropriate guidance and recommendations to protect the City’s financial well-being.
What We Need From You
We encourage you to apply and let us know more about you. Here is what is required:
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Finance or Business Administration is required;
- AND three years experience in municipal budgeting with at least one year in supervisory or senior analyst role;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must also have a valid driver’s license
- If you are selected, you are also subject to a background check
What We Have to Offer You
The City of Waco has great benefits to offer you. Because family is an important part of our culture, we offer:
- Eleven (11) paid holidays each year
- Thirteen (13) vacation days per year
- Eighteen (18) vacation days per year after five (5) years of service
- Longevity pay after five (5) years
- Twelve (12) sick days each year
- Paid time to meet with teachers, if you have school-aged children
We believe in providing flexibility to pursue your own personal interests, hobbies, and work-life balance. You will have access to:
- Health insurance, which includes telemedicine
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- City provided life insurance for you
- Access to additional life insurance for you and your family
- A great employee assistance program (EAP)
- Two (2) on-site gyms available to you at no cost
- An on-site Wellness Coordinator, who is a registered and licensed dietitian, personal fitness trainer, and health coach
- City wellness program and activities
Planning for your future is even better with our great retirement program managed by Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). With TMRS an employee:
- Contributes 7% of gross pay
- The City of Waco provides a 2:1 match on your contributions
- Eligible to retire after twenty (20) years of service, regardless of age
- Vesting at five (5) years
Why the City of Waco is the Best
The City of Waco provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state and local laws. We are committed to serving our community; to treating all people with respect; to being professional when communicating with others; and to being helpful and friendly when performing our duties. We are a drug and smoke free workplace.
*Salary to commensurate experience*
How to Apply
Apply online at: www.workforwaco.com