- Education: Bachelor's degree in any field or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of five years related experience. Requires broad knowledge of complex systems and procedures.
- Licenses/Certifications/Special Requirements: None noted.
- Experience in a municipal or government setting.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Master’s degree in business, public administration, or related field is preferred.
The purpose of this position is to oversee department business functions, including providing leadership and management to assigned areas; administering the department’s human resources, information technology, fleet, and performance management activities; preparing, monitoring, and analyzing operating and capital budgets; coordinating department communications activities and assisting with project- specific communications; and completing special projects as assigned. The position will also be responsible for implementing customer service initiatives across the department.
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
- Manages staff by planning and prioritizing tasks, ensuring policy and procedure compliance, recommending changes and adjustments, and monitoring staff performance and development.
- Participates in planning efforts. Serves on committees; researches information and documents; develops and implements models; recommends changes; prepares reports.
- Manages department budgetary and financial operations. Develops and administers the department’s operating budget and capital project budgets. Analyzes revenues and expenditures; authorizes payments and tracks purchase orders. Reviews user fees and leads efforts to update these fees, including approval by the City Council and implementation of new fee schedules.
- Coordinates department communications activities. Reviews, prepares, and presents reports on department programs and activities. Ensures accuracy, relevancy, and appeal of information on the department’s website. Works with the Office of Communications to produce and disseminate information about department-led capital projects, including news releases, videos, social media posts, etc.
- Determines and monitors service levels and delivery; responds to and resolves questions or concerns from citizens, the business community, other governments, and City Council and executive leadership; develops and implements customer service initiatives; participates as a member of the department’s management team.
Follow the link to learn more about the job and apply to join our team!