The County of Riverside's Executive Office seeks its next Chief Finance Officer (CFO) to implement the County's fiscal and budget initiatives. This transformational leader will oversee a team of high executing finance and budget professionals and will, under the direction of the County of Riverside Board of Supervisors and executive leadership, develop and direct the County's $6.7 billion budget.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess:
- A strong financial management perspective to drive change and identify and improve key performance indicators
- The demonstrated ability to collaboratively solve problems with innovative solutions
- Inclusive communication skills to ensure organization-wide understanding of fiscal performance and actionable items.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, public or business administration, or a closely related field.
- Four years of executive leadership experience managing a complex public or private sector organization, which involved accountability for administrative or budget analysis, and the development of financing programs, including at least two years coordinating the work of subordinate administrative staff in budgeting and administrative analysis and coordination with other management programs.
- The CFO should have strong working knowledge of the laws relating to the financial administration of a municipal government organization including current trends in public policy affecting operations and County programs.
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business or public administration, or finance is desired.
- Oversight of organization’s fiscal responsibilities equivalent to the size and scope of Riverside County’s budget.