The purpose of this position is to plan, direct and administer the Association’s comprehensive finance activities, to include its various affiliates, in the areas of accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and forecasting. This position will report directly to the Executive Director or his/her designee.
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision of the Finance and Accounting department.
- Provides expertise and advice to the Executive Director and other senior management staff regarding the Association’s financial goals, strategies and condition.
- Directs the development of the operating and capital budgets of all funds and entities managed by the Association.
- Monitors the budgets of all funds and entities managed by the Association and recommends adjustments, as necessary, during the fiscal year to ensure that budget goals are attained.
- Recommends the funding levels of undesignated and designated reserve funds.
- Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization and its entities including an organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet report to ensure that all financial processes are in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensures that all financial reporting meets the requirements of GASB and is primarily responsible for the creation and delivery of annual CAFR information to auditors.
- Ensures proper internal controls are documented, implemented and followed to ensure the integrity and transparency of the Association’s financial operations and compliance with audit standards.
- Serves as the Association’s liaison to independent auditors, bankers, financial advisers and other financial professionals regarding the Association’s financial functions.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, makes presentations to and prepares reports for the Association’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee, as well as governing boards of other entities managed by the Association regarding budgets and other financial matters.
- Reviews and approves financial statements and reports, financial services contracts and other financial documents.
- Evaluates the cost/benefit of potential new Association services and programs as requested by senior management to include the impact of such proposals on the Finance and Accounting staff.
- Monitors banking activities of the organization.
- Ensures adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs and its prescribed goals.
- Writes or prepares correspondence, summary financial statements, annual operating budget request forms, annual operating budget proposal, long-range financial projections, cash management performance reports, tax reports, and contracts.
- Monitors GASB/FASB pronouncements, state and federal tax code, lease agreements, bond indentures, investment contracts and other documents in performing management duties.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff, processes employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Manages departmental operations by assessing service needs and department operations, planning workloads, prioritizing tasks and assigning work.
- Master’s degree in financial accounting or related field required, CPA certification preferred; fifteen years of experience in accounting or budget management, preferably in the public sector; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Supervisory experience required.
- Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org