The City of Menifee is one of California's Fastest Growing cities in California.
Become a part of the Team!
The City of Menifee is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader with a proven track record of effective team management. The ideal candidate will be an active leader and excellent administrator with strong communication skills who can collaborate and work effectively with internal and external customers. The Menifee team thrives in a fast paced government environment seeking innovative and efficient solutions to address all projects and initiatives.
Find out why the City of Menifee is New. Better. Best.
Under administrative direction from the Assistant City Manager, the Chief Financial Officer serves as a key member of the executive team and provides highly effective leadership and oversight to the financial affairs of the City. The position plans, directs and manages the activities and operations of the Finance Department, coordinates assigned activities with other City departments and outside agencies, and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Manager’s Office. The CFO has supervision over 14 management, professional, technical, and administrative FTE’s.
- Seasoned Financial Expert: sound background serving as a Finance Director in a local government setting.
- Tech Savvy: ability to work with, and manage multiple financial services systems, experience with Eden is desirable.
- Auditor’s Mindset: outstanding critical thinking and analytical skills to conduct internal reviews and oversee external audit processes; provide professional skepticism and review to financial practices.
- Innovative Leader: driven to develop a forward-thinking organization which integrates evolving best practices in the field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business or public administration, or a closely related field and ten (10) years of increasingly responsible finance and accounting experience including five (5) years of management and administrative responsibility.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver's License by time of appointment.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant in the State of California is highly desirable.
- Active membership in Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) and California Society of Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO) Association.