Life at Amplify
As a growing, tech-focused credit union, Amplify Credit Union delivers value to our members through our products and impact to our community through our profits. That unique intersection is one reason we’ve been named a Top Workplace by the Austin American-Statesman and we’re looking for teammates who are inspired by that mission and ready to grow their careers. As they do, our employees can expect Amplify to uphold our commitments to culture, community, inclusion and more.
What You Bring
Amplify’s economic engine is driven by real estate and commercial lending supported by affordable deposit gathering and excellence in loan servicing. That model, unique among credit unions, has driven growth in our assets under management of 65% each of the last three years and diversified our income streams in the face of shrinking net interest margins. Today, we’re a leader in mortgage loan origination in Central Texas as well as a loan servicer for more than 70 investors and participants across the state.
Looking ahead, our business will continue to increase in both size and complexity and we’re seeking a CFO to help lead us through that next stage of growth. Ideal candidates will have a tech-enabled approach, future-focused attitude, experience in financial services and add diversity to the professional & life experiences of our team.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you’ll serve as a strategic advisor to the CEO and fellow chief executives to maximize the long-term profitability of our business model, including: optimizing net interest margin, investment returns and treasury management; effectively providing for the liquidity and capital needs of the credit union; minimizing losses through strategic risk management practices and oversight; evaluating new business opportunities, including organic growth and M&A, as well as sunsetting under-performing lines of business; and more.
You’ll do that by leading a team currently comprised of three direct reports and a dozen team members within the departments of Accounting & Finance, Enterprise Risk Management and Facilities.
What We Expect
At minimum, the CFO must be capable of:
- Ensuring the integrity of the financial statements of the credit union and its subsidiaries, maintaining GAAP compliance;
- Ensuring compliance with all National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), Texas Credit Union Department and Texas Administrative Code regulations and guidelines;
- Overseeing all financial planning, budgeting and reporting for the credit union, assuring the quality of financial data generated enterprise wide;
- Mitigating risk with appropriate and efficient insurance strategies;
- Understanding and managing robust internal controls and governance practices; and
- Efficiently managing facilities and physical security with a long-term outlook.
Accordingly, required qualifications include:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a financial services company, relevant government sector employer or non-profit organization, of progressing responsibility;
- Experience in technical accounting, financial reporting, internal controls and governance; and
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, advanced financial modeling experience and tech-savvy approach.
- Candidates with relevant advanced degrees (such as MBA, CPA or CFA) and those with experience in mortgage banking, lending, loan servicing, mergers & acquisitions or asset securitization will be particularly competitive.
- Selected candidates must have, or be capable of quickly obtaining, in-depth knowledge of the pronouncements, regulations and procedures of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be bondable. CPA preferred.
- Amplify is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and accommodations can be provided for this position at our headquarters office. Alternatively, this position is eligible to work fully remote from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Starting Pay & Benefits
- Starting pay for this position is between $200k and $310k, depending on experience, and eligible for an annual bonus up to 30% of base pay. It also entails the benefits available to all Amplify employees (see https://www.goamplify.com/careers#careers-benefits)
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer.