Chief Financial Officer
To plan and direct all activities, programs, and operations of the Department of Finance; to develop and implement guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure that the Department of Finance activities and operations are in compliance with all applicable federal, state, local laws, guidelines, and regulations; advises the Mayor, City Manager, and Non-Uniform Pension Board Trustees regarding financial and investment issues.
Minimum Qualifications and Additional Requirements:
These knowledge, skills, and abilities are usually, although not always, acquired through completion of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or a related field (Master’s degree is preferred); eight (8) years of professional level experience in planning, organizing and directing comprehensive level financial management, accounting, budgeting and reporting functions; two (2) years of investment experience; and five (5) years of experience supervising professional-level employees. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be a resident of the City of Little Rock within ninety (90) days of employment; must maintain residency for the duration of employment in this position.
- Must possess a valid Arkansas Class D (Non-Commercial Vehicle) Driver’s License before employment and maintain licensure for the duration of employment in this position.
- Must be available to work outside of regular business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATION(S) AND LICENSE(S):
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
- Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) Certification from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) Certification from Advance Grow Accelerate (AGA) Association.
This position includes a car allowance and relocation expenses are negotiable.
*Incumbent serving in this position is designated as an At-Will employee.