City of Knoxville Finance Department
Date Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2021
Date Closing: Friday, April 30, 2021
URL for this job:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Please See Online Position Description and Other Disclaimers
ENTRY-LEVEL SALARY: $74,546 annually
PAY GRADE RANGE: $74,546 - $116,962 annually (Pay Grade 12)
- Unless stated otherwise, applicants must possess and/or meet the following minimum requirements prior to the application deadline.
- Current City Employees may apply, but must have completed initial Civil Service probationary period and must have received a satisfactory performance rating on their last evaluation to receive promotional preference.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field, including a minimum of two basic and two intermediate or advanced accounting courses and nine years of progressively more responsible experience in professional accounting or related field including supervisory experience.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in finance, business administration, public administration, or a related field AND four years of progressively more responsible experience in professional accounting or a related field including supervisory experience.
- Must obtain State of Tennessee Certified Municipal Finance Officer certification within 18 months of hire.