EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Pending Approval Contract and Grants Manager Comptroller / Finance Department Nye County, NV
Under direction of the Comptroller or designee, performs complex and sensitive administrative, organizational, systems, budgetary and related analyses on grants for a major department, County Manager and/or Board of Commissioners; administers grants and financial assistance awards; responsible for the implementation, evaluation, review, preparation and completion of complex professional procurement and contract development activities for all County departments; to include: acquisition of standardized or specialized materials, supplies, services and/or equipment, analyzes and develops technical specifications.
- Provides complex and sensitive management and programmatic support to the County Manager, Board of Commissioners and/or a major department.
- Oversees all daily activities relative to the procurement of goods and services for all County departments; ensure compliance with all County and state purchasing ordinances and confirmation of available funding to secure requisitioned items.
- Oversee administration of all formal and informal bid processes for a variety of County projects (including public works and construction projects) by assisting with or reviewing the preparation of bid documents, including terms, conditions, specifications and delivery limitation for products or services.
- Oversees administration and coordination of all activities involving advertising for bids or proposals, opening submitted bids in a public forum; evaluation of submittal by vendors and preparation of recommendation of award to the Comptroller and/or County Manager. Prepare and present formal recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Reviews and approves detailed bids, formal contracts, bonds, insurance certificates and recommendations developed by subordinate or other technical staff to confirm accuracy and plausibility of terms, conditions and specifications, coordinate public bid openings for formal bid advertisements.
- Performs specific County management support activities such as coordinating and preparing Board agenda items, conducting studies and preparing responses for Commissioner-generated requests, generating grant program and policy recommendations for Board approval, and representing the County, the department head and others as specified.
- Confers with and represents the department and the County in meetings with staff from other departments, representatives of governmental, community, business, professional and public agencies and the public.
- Provides liaison and staff support to a variety of committees and commissions.
- Monitors and controls expenditures against available funds.
- Prepares a variety of technical, statistical and narrative reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Identify potential federal, state, and local funding sources, to maximize funding opportunities available to the County.
- Oversees the development of request for proposal requests (RFP); prepares and processes grant applications; monitors activities and ensures that all programmatic and reporting requirements are met.
- Research and maintain current information on available federal, state, and local funding sources and their respective compliance requirements; provide current information to user departments to maximize the County’s opportunity for funding.
- Provide fiscal guidance, technical assistance and training to County departments in the preparation of grant applications and in the development and implementation of proper procedures to ensure grant compliance and accountability systems; monitor the implementation of grant funded projects located throughout the County.
- Develop and implement project tracking systems to ensure the timely implementation of grant requirements; provide departments with assistance in the implementation of grant funded projects.
- Prepares financial statements and compiles other budget and financial information to assist the outside auditor in researching, compiling, and interpreting data for the annual single audit report.
- Researches and complies with applicable statutory, regulatory and contractual grant requirements.
- Monitors construction grants for compliance with labor standards, bidding procedures, pre-bid conferences, bidder eligibility, pre-construction conference and other applicable laws and regulations.
- May assist Comptroller or designee in compiling budget information returned from department heads and elected officials for review; dissemination of information and making presentations to the County Manager, County Commissioners, and the State Department of Taxation. May assist in preparation of budget documents for county and towns; calculate revenue estimates for county, town and special districts; and compile budget status report to demonstrate current and projected condition of comprehensive county budget.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly and close-out grant reports.
- Supervises and directs the daily activities of staff; prioritizes and reviews the work to assure the work quality and the timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities; counsels employees concerning performance improvement/development, coaches and instructs employees, provides training and coordinates other training programs for staff; assists with the hiring, promoting of staff, and preparing and completing performance evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, public administration, business administration, economics, or closely related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible full-time professional experience in financial management for a public agency or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Ability to interpret and analyze policies, procedures, regulations and laws; prepare clear and concise reports and make effective presentations; coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing to various levels within the organization and with outside agencies.
- Possession of a valid Nevada driver’s license.
Nye County requires a pre-employment drug screen through a designated facility. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of this process.
Pay Rate: $30.00/ Hour
Applications must be received by the deadline. Postmarks are not accepted. Resumes are accepted when attached to a completed application. Applications returned without the required documentation or not completely filled out will not be considered.
Applications may be obtained and returned to the following: NYE COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES Departments: P.O. Box 3400, 101 Radar Road, Tonopah, NV 89049 or 2101 E. Calvada Blvd., Suite 150, Pahrump, NV 89048. Applications may also be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or can be downloaded from www.nyecounty.net.
Nye County is an Equal Opportunity Employer; applicants requesting accommodation under the ADA should contact Human Resources. Please call (775) 751-6301 with any questions.
Deadline: September 23, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.