The Tredyffrin/Easttown School District is seeking a candidate for a full time, 12-month salaried position available immediately. Salary and benefits are very competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please apply at www.tesd.net under Human Resources.
Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or comparable business major. CPA preferred.
At least five years of experience in accounting in a business environment, preferably a school district.
At least three years of supervisory experience.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills that support strong interpersonal skills with all people.
Experience working with PCs, computer systems; familiarity with applications in budgetary accounting, payroll, personnel, student records, and student scheduling. Knowledge of eFinancePlus of PowerSchool, Cognos, Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Supervise the management of the financial affairs of the schools.
- Supervise the employees in the accounting department.
- Direct the accounting office operations.
- Supervise the collection, safekeeping and distribution of District funds.
- Establish and supervise a program of accounting that maintains a detailed account of all money/credit transactions.
- Prepare and submit state financial reports in a timely manner.
- Project revenue/expenditures.
- Prepare and distribute the budgetary development documents.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Maintain asset management records.
- Perform the amusement, real estate and transfer audits.
- Perform the audit of student activities accounts.
- Evaluate internal control procedures for developing, recommending, adapting and revising the accounting systems when appropriate.
- Prepare all applicable state PlanCon reports.
- Prepare Charter School reports.
- Work with Grants Office to prepare grant applications, monitor, and prepare related reports.
- Setup internal control procedures and financial reporting for fixed assets.
- Coordinate local audits/state audits.
- Attend and prepare monthly construction financial reports for the Facilities Committee.
- Attend Board and Finance Committee meetings.
- Assist in construction financing, Official Statement, and bond rating process
- Certify as accurate all reports for the auditors and reimbursements in areas such as student attendance, transportation and food service.
- Implement approved recommendations to enhance the financial operations of the district.
- Recommend methods of increasing return on funds.
- Recommend designation of fund balances.
- Provide Act 72 data to support recommended actions.
- Perform additional duties in the role of Finance Manager as assigned by Business Manager.
The District will provide to all persons equal access to all categories of employment in the District, free from discrimination, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, age, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin or handicap/disability, as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504.