The City of Urbana is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join the Human Resources/Finance Department as Deputy Finance Director. Responsibilities include performing complex, high-level technical work; planning, directing, and managing assigned municipal finance functions under administrative direction of the Human Resources & Finance Director/CFO; coordinating assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies; and directing and coordinating accounting, auditing, financial reporting, customer service, and parking enforcement functions. May act as department head when the Human Resources & Finance Director/CFO is absent. The salary for this appointed position will be commensurate with qualifications.
Who We’re Looking For
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, public administration, or a related field;
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in finance or a related field, including three (3) years in a supervisory capacity;
- Knowledge of government finance, accounting, budgeting; state and federal law pertaining to municipal finance operations;
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial information, both in writing and through public presentations and respond to questions.
- Preferred attributes: designation as CPA and/or CPFO or equivalent.
Why Consider A Career At The City Of Urbana?
Job satisfaction. A generous benefits package. A diverse, inclusive and supportive environment. Opportunity for advancement. These are just a few of the many reasons to consider the City of Urbana as the next step in your career. The City of Urbana prides itself on being a progressive, dynamic community and is internationally distinguished as the home of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the state’s flagship public university and one of the preeminent research institutions in the world.
How to Apply
For more information or to apply, visit www.urbanaillinois.us/jobs.
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient pool is received, but we will begin reviewing applications after October 12, 2020. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications prior to this date for priority consideration.