Director of Financial Management
Centre County Government Finance Department
Wage/Salary: $71,260.80 - $116,875.20/annum
Date Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021
Date Closing: Friday, March 5, 2021
URL for this job:
Summary of Job Functions
- Manages the preparation of the County's annual operating and capital budgets.
- Coordinates budgetary information with Controller, Treasurer and other elected officials and department heads; amends budget as approved by Commissioners.
- Develops and updates a multi-year operating and capital budget.
- Develops and provides monthly financial and statistical reports including analyses of monthly closings, cash flow analysis, and actual expenditures vs. budget.
- Develops and implements accounting and financial management policy and procedure.
- Serves as a liaison between the Controller and Treasurer to ensure appropriate monitoring of County finances.
- Maintains a working relationship with the Controller's and Treasurer's offices and all departments with regard to financial management matters.
- Identifies problem areas and makes recommendations to resolve issues assuring a stable financial structure within the County.
- Conducts fiscal research and provides assistance to the Commissioners and staff regarding financial decision making and special projects.
- Supervises Tax Assessment and Tax Claims and Collections department.
- Evaluates the County's financial position and issues periodic financial and operating reports for all departments, including grant-in-aid agencies.
- Assures compliance with federal, state and local accounting principles, procedures and financial record-keeping requirements.
- Manages the County's purchasing and inventory control procedures and proposes recommendations in connection therewith.
- Oversees the implementation and integration of the financial software within the County in cooperation with the County's outside MIS contractor.
- Administers and monitors all vendor contracts to assure compliance and consistency with County goals and financial resources.
- Establishes working relationship with vendors and develops procedures for verification and approval of purchases within the County.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures and prepares cost reports.
- Analyzes and conducts studies of economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the County's revenue and capital investments.
- Analyzes all contracts and/or projects for their financial impact prior to recommending same to Commissioners.
- Institutes policies and procedures to assure maximum reimbursement from Federal/State funding sources for County programs.
- Oversees property and casualty management including the reconciliation of all assets for capital and other financial reporting.
- Participates in monthly Department Head meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in Union negotiations and arbitrations.
- Performs special projects as assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
- Attends seminars, internal and external meetings relating to financial operations as necessary.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by County Administrator and Commissioners.