The City of Pine City, MN is seeking a talented accounting professional for our full-time Director of Finance position. Responsibilities include: maintaining the payroll, handling accounts payable and receivable, preparing monthly income statements, and updating the computerized accounting system, supervises and/or supports periodic financial audits, complies with local and federal tax filing requirements, and oversees the Municipal Liquor Store operation, ensuring costs are controlled and profitability is maintained. Other duties include advising the City Council on financial matters, forecasting budgets, monitoring cash flow, and setting financial policies with input.
To be eligible to be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Attained a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a GPA of at least 3.0. A relevant college degree and ten (10 years) of increasingly responsible accounting or finance experience may be substituted.
- Three (3) years’ experience in an increasing leadership role managing an accounting or finance operation (especially governmental), including supervising the Bookkeeper and Administrative Assistant, payroll systems, audit management, financial reporting, forecasting, cash flow monitoring, investment fund accounting and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report requirements, and being a City Council revenue advisor.
- Experience with daily use of bookkeeping or other relevant financial software (e.g. BS&A, KPay, SAP, or other similar technical software experience)
- Knowledgeable in computers, data processing, and computer data entry.
- A high level of skill in typing (spelling, grammar, etc.), organizational skills, 10-key skills, and business procedures.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, or similar software.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Superior presentation skills, especially presenting complex financial information to laypeople.
- Ability to maintain private and confidential information in compliance with City policies and expectations, as well as the requirements of state and federal law.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of office equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy machines, fax machine, and any other equipment located within the office areas).
- Knowledge of state statutes for municipal record retention.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- A Master’s or similar advanced degree
- Direct experience in municipal government, such as experience in financial management of municipal water and wastewater utilities.
- Experience with fixed asset accounting, including asset valuation and depreciation.
- Have experience with public sector collective bargaining.
- A CPA, CMA, CFA, or similar designation
Pine City offers a competitive salary, a top tier benefits package (health, dental, HSA, FSA, disability, vacation, sick time), and a pleasant, team-oriented working environment.
Please apply via Indeed.com, or email your resume and bona fides to: email@example.com
You can find out more about Pine City, MN by visiting: Pinecity.govoffice.com
EEO/AA Employer Member League of Minnesota Cities