POSITION: FINANCE DIRECTOR
POSITION NO: 1.101
SALARY RANGE: $99,000 - $118,500 Annually (DOQ)
This is highly responsible administrative and supervisory work directing and coordinating the City’s financial activities. Work involves application of specialized knowledge and administrative skills in coordinating and directing accounting, budget, treasury, debt administration, and customer accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of effective governmental accounting and office management principles, practices, procedures, and methods.
- Ability to expediently acquire knowledge of public administration principles used in accounting; City Charter, statutes, ordinances, and regulations; and fiscal activities; electronic data processing and fiscal records maintenance.
- Ability to appraise municipal financial needs and make recommendations; evaluate and implement accounting procedures and practices.
- Ability to effectively prepare and track administrative and financial reports.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, fellow employees, and the public.
- Ability to research and apply all Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, push, and maneuver materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Training, Certification, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Accounting, Business, or Public Administration.
- Master's Degree and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO) preferred.
- Minimum five years public finance administration experience, including two years supervisory experience.
- Or, an equivalent combination of training and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
The City of Temple Terrace is a drug-free workplace.
A pre-employment drug screen, criminal history background investigation, and a driver’s license verification may be conducted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE EMPLOYER
POSTING DATE: June 15, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.