Performs advanced level professional government finance and accounting work and manages the City's general accounting functions and personnel, including the preparation of the city's Annual Financial Report and coordination with the State Auditor and other auditing agencies. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job functions may be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Public Administration, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Public Administration, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning is desirable.
- Certification as a Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is desirable.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years professional work experience in finance, accounting, grant, general ledger, budget, and internal audit experience. Experience in a government setting highly desirable.
- Excellent computer operation skills and experience with a variety of software programs including Microsoft Office applications, database, customized and menu-driven programs, including accounting and ERP systems. Strong MS Excel and MS Word skills required.
- Valid driver's license or otherwise establish the ability to perform the job in an equally efficient manner without driving.
- Must pass driver's abstract and background check to include credit check to be bonded.
See included link for full details of job functions, qualifications, and other requirements.