This is a working manager position responsible for performing professional financial and accounting duties for the District’s sewage collection and treatment and solid waste programs. A key focus is to manage the broad arena of finance while also ensuring the basics are completed.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES:
Preparing and managing operating and capital budgets, performing cash flow projections, generating Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports, and managing District loans. Additionally, the position is responsible for monthly financial reports, annual independent audit, cash and investment management, accounts payable, payroll, and other duties as assigned. For a complete list of duties and responsibilities, please review the job description at www.oroloma.org/employment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is able to function in a culture of doing more with less and wearing many hats;
- Has a strong customer service focus and desire to make government work;
- Has a keen eye for detail;
- Possesses the highest degree of ethics;
- Must embrace the day-to-day operations of finance; and,
- Has demonstrated excellent working relationships within all levels in the organization.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Any combination of education and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and abilities, is qualifying.
- Five years of increasingly responsible accounting, budgeting, or finance experience preferably within a municipal or utility enterprise agency; and equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major emphasis in finance, accounting, or business administration.