Orange County Utilities provides water resources and solid waste recovery services to protect and enrich the lives of the citizens and guests of Orange County Florida. The Fiscal and Operational Support Division provides support services to the Director's Offices and all Utilities divisions including: financial management of the department's two Enterprise Funds and the Special Revenue Fund, accounting, information technology, procurement, warehouse and inventory management, facilities maintenance and management, safety administration, communications, and agreements management.
The Fiscal and Operational Support Division seeks a self-directed financially astute individual with responsibility of performing short term and/or long-term financial and budgetary analysis. The Financial Analyst participates in the financial management of the department's two Enterprise Funds and the Special Revenue Fund totaling over $700 million in budget responsibility. Respective duties and assignments are performed with independence requiring the exercise of discretion, sound judgment, and initiative under the general direction of the assigned supervisor.
- Analyzes Department and/or Division financial and budgetary information and makes recommendations using the analysis.
- Assists assigned divisions in the coordination, preparation, and review of their annual budget submissions and supports the financial team’s efforts to prepare and submit department budget.
- Maintains, updates, improves, and utilizes complex financial models in evaluating financial position, projections, proposals, and projects.
- Performs short and long-term revenue and expenditure forecasts to make recommendations to management.
- Assists in developing financial processes and procedures for the Department.
- Coordinates and prepares financial reports to analyze operational results and budget variances to be used in management reviews.
- Researches financial questions and discrepancies and provides explanations to management.
- Performs other related special projects and duties as assigned.
This position requires applicants to take and pass a skills evaluation test, which may cover topics such as business case analysis, revenue projections, capital budgeting, variance analysis, cash flow statements, financial reports, rate analysis, and written communication. Applicants must pass this test with a minimum score of 70%.
Qualified applicants selected for testing will be contacted to sit for this test, and will receive notification of their eligibility to participate via the email address provided on the application. The email will contain instructions on how to register for a test time and date.
All applicants are responsible to include a current email address when completing the application. Testing dates, locations and times are subject to change so it is important to check your email on a regular basis including the junk/spam folders.
For full information, please see the job posting at: http://www.orangecountyfl.net/EmploymentVolunteerism/JobOpenings.aspx