Budgeting and Forecasting
FPA’s primary responsibility is to connect senior management’s long term “strategic plan” to reality. The strategic plan is a top-down, senior management driven document that sets high-level targets (revenue, net income, core strategic initiatives, etc.) for the District anywhere from 2-10 years in the future. FPA’s job is to develop the operating and financial plan required to achieve management’s strategic plan. As a key part of the forecasting process, FPA teams conduct variance analysis to show management how the budget and/or rolling forecast compares against actual performance.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Monthly Financial reports
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiative
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Department heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA, CFPO or equivalent or actively pursuing credential; MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and strong Word, PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.