The City of Kodiak is recruiting for a full-time Fiscal Analyst. Under the general direction of the Finance Director, this position is responsible for performing professional fiscal analysis and advanced accounting work for the City that could include, but is not limited to: analyzing and reconciling accounts, ledgers, and journal entries; reconciling investment and bank accounts; preparing financial reports; preparing and modifying operating budgets; budgeting and accounting for leases and contracts; developing, conducting, and documenting audits; tracking and analyzing assets and preparing related schedules; and maintaining all related procedural documentation and compliance.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Analyzes and reconciles the City’s daily cash position to the bank accounts, reviewing various data such as cash receipts, outstanding checks, payroll, accounts payable, investment interest/principal payments, ACH/wire transfer activity, and subsidiary system imported financial data.
- Reconciles all bank and investment accounts monthly; prepares reconciliation reports and journal entries.
- Monitors account receivables and collection of delinquent accounts; process garnishments and liens through the State of Alaska.
- Performs reconciliation of general ledger accounts for all account receivables. Prints monthly financial and account reconciliation reports, reviews and verifies for accuracy and distributes to departments, as necessary. Prepares and inputs journal entries.
- Monitors journal entries to ensure they are correctly entered into the system and proper documentation is included.
- Reconciles all grant activities; prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports and journal entries.
- Audits accounts and records of receipts, expenditures, billings, debt financing, contracts, budget activities, cash and non-cash assets, accounting entries, equipment and supply inventories, and payroll and employee benefits.
- Provides supporting schedules for annual audit and assists in the audit preparation.
- Prepares reports for appropriate officials or agencies concerning audits, financial conditions and sources and applications of funds.
- Assists with revenue analyses, surveys, projections and financial data comparisons.
- Ensures accurate records are created, maintained and archived per the City’s records retention policy and schedule.
- Corresponds directly with and keeps supervisor and others as necessary fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems.
- Cross-train in other areas of coverage in the Finance Department and provides back-up support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) and Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field. Five to seven years of professional finance, accounting, and/or budgeting experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Government or non-profit accounting experience is preferred.
Hiring Salary: $66,560.00 - $69,929.00
Position Salary: $66,560.00 - $91,769.00
For a complete job description and to apply online, visit the City of Kodiak at https://www.city.kodiak.ak.us/hr and select the https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kodiak link. For questions, please call (907) 486-8653.