The Budget Planning & Analysis Manager is responsible for financial planning activities, including developing, analyzing, recommending, and producing the annual operating and capital budgets for Cleveland Metroparks.
- Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Prepares and administers the financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting cycle, including developing, analyzing, providing recommendations, and publishing annual operating and capital budgets.
- Oversees and coordinates the preparation of annual budget reports: Analyzes, advises and provides technical assistance in preparing budgets, reviews financial plans for accuracy, conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- Conducts financial performance analysis and compiles data and reports for leadership. Makes recommendations to senior leadership.
- Assists in the preparation and justification of budget requests. Monitors department expenditures against budgets.
- Advises staff on cost analysis—reviews operating budgets to analyze results and trends affecting budget needs.
- Consults with leadership to facilitate long-term planning.
- Provides recommendations for budget revisions.
- Seeks new ways to improve process efficiency.
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Updates and enhances own knowledge by involvement in continuing education for professional growth (i.e., attends relevant conferences, seminars, in-service trainings, and certification programs)
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field required. Five years of experience in budget/financial analysis, finance, accounting, or related area.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license under the laws of the State of Ohio.
- Working knowledge of financial systems, statements, and reports.
- Ability to create and manager organizational budgets.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and compile financial data to identify trends, patterns, and make recommendations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, including employees and the general public.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with ability to communicate one-on-one or in group settings.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Management skills and strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, ability to manage multiple programs and meet deadlines, collaboration, leadership, decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear and concise reports and recommendations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Proficiency in software programs including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Mature professional attitude and considerable discretion, including ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Please visit our career site at www.clevelandmetroparks.com or copy and paste the following link into your web browser: