The San Jacinto River Authority is seeking to fill the position of Division Accountant primarily based out of Conroe, Texas.
The San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA) is a public entity whose mission is to develop, conserve, and protect the water resources of the San Jacinto River basin. Its primary purpose is to implement long-term, regional projects related to water supply and water quality. SJRA delivers raw water to both municipal and industrial consumers and provides water treatment and wastewater services through the ownership, operation, and maintenance of infrastructure including reservoirs, groundwater wells, surface water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, lift stations, and miles of open channel and conveyance systems.
The Division Accountant will work with their assigned division(s) by providing accurate analysis of financial data, and preparing financial reports and statements throughout the financial year in compliance with accounting control procedures. Some additional duties include:
- Makes ongoing judgments regarding application of generally accepted accounting principles to financial statement entries subject to management review; applies new accounting standards to financial statements under general direction of Controller.
- Reviews and reconciles general ledger entries and allocations on regular / monthly basis.
- Reviews cash control procedures and monitors safeguarding of assets.
- Continuously monitors Accounting System and other associated integrated systems; suggests and implements changes to improve operation and efficiency in its use.
- Assists Controller with preparation of annual budget, including capital projects and annual financial budget and under general direction of Controller apply new accounting standards where applicable and responds to requests from management for financial information.
- Coordinates with Project Managers and others responsible for project accounts, monitoring and reporting by project, work order, and funding source. Manages Construction in Process accounts and Fixed Asset accounts.
- Coordinates with Project Managers, Division and GA Department Managers and other relevant staff to monitor and analyze budget expenditures and financials in accordance with reporting and procedural standards; provides financial reporting and analysis, assesses accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Periodically attends meetings with external stakeholders outside of normal office hours.
- Travels to their assigned division(s) on occasion with the possibility of working out of the Division office on a part-time basis as determined by his/her supervisor.
Pay range: $55,800 to $67,000 commensurate with experience. SJRA offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision & life insurance, tuition assistance, and paid time off. Also included is a retirement savings plan in which SJRA contributes 8% automatically and matches up to an additional 4% of the employee's contribution.
To apply and view a complete list of duties and responsibilities, please visit our website at www.sjra.net/about/careers.
- BBA or equivalent
- At least 3 years related experience in Accounting
- GASB experience and project accounting experience preferred
- Texas Driver License with insurable driving record is required