The Finance Team plays an integral role in shaping the future of Sioux Falls by ensuring financial integrity and long-term financial strength. Our team has a reputation for excellence, a team-first approach, and encourages growth through learning. We offer a regular weekday schedule, no travel, and competitive pay and great benefits.
This position performs professional-level accounting and financial support with our departmental partners. Responsibilities include overseeing and administering grants, accounting, program performance, and financial reporting.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business administration and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in accounting; or any such combination of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
- Experience working with grants is preferred.
- CPA (certified public accountant) designation is not required, but mandatory for the increased salary grade.
The City of Sioux Falls takes pride in being an Employer of Choice including our Culture, Values, and Compensation and Benefits. Apply today to become part of ONE Team and help us take care of today for a better tomorrow!
Sioux Falls is growing exponentially, and we need you to join our team of 1,300 full-time and hundreds more part-time and seasonal employees. Find a place to serve alongside us in a range of careers available in 12 diverse departments.
There’s a role for every interest from public safety and health, to culture and recreation, to technology and internal operations. Our employees partner with local businesses and community members to provide the infrastructure, safe neighborhoods and recreation opportunities that keep Sioux Falls consistently ranked among the top places to live and work.
Our core values of safety, teamwork, innovation, character and respect build community from the inside out. Employees’ top culture drivers include a strong sense of accomplishment, growth through learning and training, and supportive colleagues. Team members achieve job satisfaction everyday with the knowledge that their service positively impacts the high quality of life this community enjoys.
OUR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS SUMMARY
- Competitive salary with other public and industry positions, including step advancements.
- The City participates in the South Dakota Retirement System. Employees receive a 6% match. Additionally, employees may choose to enroll in a Deferred Compensation Plan.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance: Competitive rates for single, 2-party, and family.
- 11 paid holidays and 2 personal leave days each calendar year.
- New employees are granted 40 hours of vacation at time of hire and accrue an additional 2 weeks in their first year.
- Sick leave accrues over 96 hours per year.