Do you want to apply your expertise for a cause you can feel good about? Do you want to work for an organization that wants you to grow with it and offers tuition reimbursement, certification training, and a chance to learn about multiple industries? Come work for the Town of Leesburg, hometown of the 21st century! Located 35 miles west of the nation's capital in the heart of DC's Wine Country, you'll enjoy a vibrant and authentic community with "big city" amenities. The Town of Leesburg strongly encourages innovation, promotes career development, and offers excellent benefits to employees. Benefits include membership to the Town's full-service recreation center, enrollment into the Virginia Retirement System, excellent healthcare insurance, and other fringe benefits.
Who We're Looking For
If you identify with the following descriptions, then you may be perfect for the Town of Leesburg:
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive self-starter
- Life-long learner
- Strong team player
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Effective communicator
- Desire to impart knowledge to others
- "Early adopter" of new technologies
What You'll Be Doing
This position, under the direction of the Chief Procurement Officer, is located in the Procurement Division of the Department of Finance and Administrative Services. This position performs complex and administrative work in the acquisition of goods and services, with a primary focus on construction and technical procurements in support of the Town’s Capital Improvements Program and Utilities Repair, Replacement and Rehabilitation (3R) Program. A flexible work schedule is permitted inclusive of teleworking up to two days per week after an orientation period.
For a more detailed job description, please visit the Town's Job Descriptions page.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Public Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience; minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible technical experience in a centralized purchasing system, preferably in municipal government; Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or ability to obtain within one (1) year of employment.
- A Town of Leesburg online application for employment is required for each position. Please go to www.leesburgva.gov/jobs to apply online. Resumes may be submitted as supplemental only. EOE/ADA.