Senior Financial Analyst
The Department of Finance provides financial administration of the County’s governmental operations. Areas of responsibility include budgeting, general accounting, grants administration, debt management, cost allocation, financial reporting, support of the annual financial audit, and procurement. The Purchasing Department is also part of the Department of Finance and provides centralized services to all County departments.
The Senior Financial Analyst handles very responsible technical and professional work involving the analysis, interpretation and preparation of budgets, financial data and financial reporting for the County. This position is also required to maintain financial records and perform various accounting, budgeting and finance functions as may be required as a team member in the Finance Department. The work involves responsibility for processing, reviewing, reporting and analyzing financial data and budget information. The work requires that the employee have good knowledge, skill and ability in all aspects of governmental accounting and budgeting as well as an ability to interpret financial or operational issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares periodic financial reports and accounting schedules;
- Coordinate with management to gather, analyze and summarize personnel cost data for use in labor negotiations and financial forecasting;
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer analyze labor negotiation proposals to determine present and future financial impact;
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Director of Finance in the development of County’s operating and five year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budgets;
- Perform technical accounting work in the maintenance of the County’s accounting records and implement governmental accounting principles to maintain the integrity of the County’s financial statements and reports;
- Analyze, develop recommendations, and report on policy, management and programmatic issues having budgetary implications;
- Assist with the preparation, billing and collection of reimbursements and contractual revenues;
- Coordinate the County’s debt service payments and assist with the annual debt service budget;
- Reconcile revenues and expenditures to the General Ledger and budget;
- Compile data and assist with development of long-term financial forecasts and the preparation of financial plans for strategic planning and the annual budget;
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with short and long-term debt issuance to finance the County’s Capital Improvement Program based on cash flow needs, sources of revenues and capital construction costs;
- Work as an organization resource in resolving complex problems by providing financial analysis support;
- Exercise discretion and judgment in making recommendations;
- Attend meetings and assist with financial studies and participate on committees as a representative of the Finance Department;
- Perform related work as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An appropriate combination of education and experience that has provided the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate field related to the area of assignment such as Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Administration, or a related field. A Master's degree in one of these disciplines is highly desirable;
- Minimum three to five years of increasingly complex and diverse professional work experience in preparing and analyzing financial and budgetary information;
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems and relevant technology;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to write creatively and compellingly. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, plan, organize, and implement multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite, financial systems, database and cloud-base software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Online at: