Are you a curious person who likes learning and working on new assignments in a fast-paced environment?
Are you able to dig into details and see the big picture at the same time?
Do you enjoy working as part of a highly respected, well-functioning team?
Do you like to explore the outer edges of Excel?
If these questions describe you, then you might be the right person for an exciting opportunity with the City of Eugene. The Central Services Finance Division at the City of Eugene is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst. This position works as a team member in the Budget and Analysis section of the Finance Division. The Budget and Analysis Team operates in a collaborative work environment, to provide highly complex support and financial consulting services to the City Council, Executive Managers, Departments, and other staff.
The Senior Financial Analyst will perform a variety of analytical and technical tasks. The successful candidate will investigate and analyze complex operational problems, processes, and procedures; develop recommendations; report findings and conclusions; implement or coordinate implementation of policy and monitor results. They may perform treasury functions
such as management of the City’s investment portfolio (banking/investment experience not required); developing financial plans for major capital projects; and participating in other debt issuance and management activities. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate complex financial concepts to range of audiences both verbally and in written form.
Examples of Duties Performed - Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzing and developing complex background information and recommendations for decision makers on a variety of subjects including property tax, urban renewal and new revenue analysis issues;
- Reviewing and conducting impact analysis related to a variety of legislative topics;
- Participating on cross-functional teams representing central finance on an assortment of topics;
- Providing financial analysis of operational impacts for a variety of initiatives or proposals;
- Serving as an internal consultant on an assortment of financial challenges and questions;
- Facilitating group meetings and negotiating effectively on behalf of the City;
- Creating and reviewing multi-year financial projections for City funds and programs;
- Leading investment activities and supporting daily banking functions;
- Assisting with issuance and debt management activities;
- Developing and maintaining tools for use by the public, staff and policy makers to increase accessibility to and understanding of the City’s budget and Finance Division’s work;
- Leading the City’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP) process;
- Collaborating with the Budget and Analysis team and City departments to complete the annual budget process.