Who We Are
As an organization, Shaker Heights Schools is proud of the special relationship that exists between the community and the District. Shaker Heights has served as a beacon of educational excellence for more than a century. We take great pride in the rigorous, relevant, and holistic education our young people receive. Students at every grade level are deeply immersed in the renowned International Baccalaureate (IB) philosophy that prepares them for the successful lives they envision. Our leaders and teachers create conditions for learning that propel our students to become caring citizens who are destined to make our community–our world–a better place. We truly believe that a community is known by the schools it keeps. The quality of our schools is a vibrant reflection of our students, families, staff, stakeholders, and the committed Board of Education that supports them.
What You’ll Do
Our District is seeking a Treasurer who can effectively lead the comprehensive fiscal stewardship of the District’s resources. As Treasurer, you will report directly to the Board of Education and will serve as a senior cabinet member. The Treasurer is responsible for transforming Shaker Heights’ financial strategy to support effective budget planning, maximize available funds, and ensure an equitable distribution of resources to enhance access to opportunity, amplify academic outcomes, and support student success based on the District’s guiding vision and strategic plan. The leader in this role will be an essential advisor and collaborator with District and city leaders, and is responsible for the strategic and transparent administration and oversight of all financial activities within the Treasurer’s office.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or a related career field. MBA, Masters, and CPA designation preferred.
- Hold a School Treasurer’s license or eligible for the license from the Ohio Department of Education.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive, full-time, professional experience in budget leadership, public policy, public administration, or business management.
- Must have direct experience budgeting, budget preparation, financial monitoring, and financial analysis and evidence of success leading and managing a multi-million dollar budget. Public sector work experience is strongly preferred. A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of senior level supervisory experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of various types of public budgeting practices, policies, procedures, and challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in implementing comprehensive financial management systems, practices, and policies for an organization of significant size. Successful change management experience is a plus.
How to Apply
Alma Advisory Group is honored to support Shaker Heights Schools in this search. To review the full job description and to apply, please visit: https://apply.workable.com/almaadvisorygroup/j/8878147A46/