Performs clerical, accounting, accounts payable and related functions; Reconciles various accounts and statements; Prepares invoices, statements, vouchers, checks, reports, etc; Maintains project ledgers, computer based spreadsheets/databases; Performs other duties as assigned. Proficient with Excel. Benefits include PERS, 100% District Paid Health, Dental, Vision for the family. 3 Weeks Vacation, 2 Admin Days, 11 Days Sick time, 11 paid Holidays.
· Represents the District with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
· Provides information to District staff that requires the use of judgment and the explanation of policies, rules or procedures.
· Performs a variety of administrative/clerical support duties as required.
· May prepare reports for board meetings.
· May reconcile bank statements.
· Performs required record management tasks at fiscal year-end.
· Assists with audit preparation; coordinates and prepares related documentation for external auditors; assists during the audit process.
· Other duties as assigned.
Tasks, duties and responsibilities related to accounts payable:
· Prepares and process claims and purchase orders in accounting software;
· Maintains project ledgers, computer based spreadsheets/databases; monitors and reports over-budget and unapproved items.
· Scans documentation for electronic storage/review;
· Performs tasks and functions related to procurement cards and related expenses including inputting transactions and attaching related support.
· Prepares required financial documentation such as invoices, statements, vouchers, checks, reports, etc.; reviews documentation for accuracy; and reconciles statements and reports discrepancies.
· Prepares, calculates, inputs or uploads information related to payroll deductions, voluntary and retirement benefits.
· Reconciles various accounts.
· Provides backup for accounts receivable and/or payroll.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of clerical experience in accounting or finance; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by the District Fire Chief or designee.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Applicable District policies and procedures.
· Use of specified computer applications including word processing and involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
· Business mathematics and statistical practices.
· Principles and techniques of deposit processing, accounting, and bookkeeping.
· Governmental accounting principles related to accounts receivables.
· Principles and practices of auditing financial documents and records.
· Applicable rules, regulations, laws and codes.
· Practices of reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy.
· Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
· Record keeping principles and practices.
· Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals, in person and over the telephone.
· Research and analysis and project implementation techniques. Nevada Public Employee Retirement Systems (PERS) requirements and Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA)
· Performing financial office support work.
· Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
· Identifying and reconciling errors and discrepancies.
· Organizing, researching and maintaining financial files.
· Making accurate mathematical and statistical calculations.
· Managing assignments and meeting deadlines.
· Reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy.
· Reviewing, posting, balancing and reconciling financial records.
· Maintaining accurate financial records and preparing accurate and timely reports.
· Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
· Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
· Dealing successfully with the public, in person and over the telephone.