Leadership Academy Policies
The following information contains important policies and procedures for applicants and participants related to the GFOA Leadership Academy.
- Training Type: Live
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Classroom Learning
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Field of Study: Finance, Behavioral Ethics, Personal Development
- Learning Objectives
Self-assessments and other behavioral insights designed to help participants understand how they work—and how they can best contribute to their organizations
Leadership skills for the 21st century
Characteristics of great organizations
Values of public service
Experience in leadership positions and initiatives in a government organization
Strong interest in advancing in organization and/or field of public finance
- Advanced Preparation
Complete self-assessment tool
Read case studies and complete assigned work prior to arrival at Leadership Academy
- Registration and Attendance Requirements: Individuals must apply to attend the Leadership Academy. If selected to attend, participants are expected to attend the entire program.
- Application Process: Applicants for the 2022 GFOA Leadership Academy must complete the online application prior to August 31, 2022. GFOA will notify all applicants of their application status in early September. If selected to participate in the Leadership Academy, individuals must submit registration fee by October 14, 202
- Refund and Cancellation Policy: Participants may cancel no later than October 14, 2022, for the current program to receive a full refund of program fees. No refunds will be issued after that date. Substitutions will not be accepted.
- Speakers and Agendas: On occasion, speakers are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. The GFOA will attempt to notify attendees in advance via e-mail, phone, or via our website. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our attendees.
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) certificate: Attendees completing the GFOA Leadership Academy will earn approximately 30 CPEs. Each participant will receive a CPE certificate approximately three weeks after the program. This certificate verifies that you attended the program and it should be kept with your CPE documents. Please note that training registrations must be paid in full before a CPE certificate will be mailed to the participant.
GFOA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors
150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700
Nashville, TN 37219-2417