Applications for the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting are now processed in GFOA’s Awards Management System (AMS). If you don’t already have AMS login credentials, go to “AMS Quick Start Instructions” and follow the instructions for “Logging in for the first time”. Each government must register in the AMS to submit applications or extension requests for the Certificate program. The person who registers your government in the AMS will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the government’s AMS account login credentials. Please be sure to add this email address to your “allow” list to ensure you receive this and other system emails.
To submit an application for the Certificate program:
- Go to https://lf.gfoa.org/Forms
- Enter your organization’s GFOA ID number as the username. You can find this number on the comments document that you received with last year’s award packet
- If you don’t remember your password, click "forgot password" to receive a password reset link. The password reset email will be sent to the individual who registered your government in the AMS.
- Select “Start Process” in the blue band at the top of the screen.
- Click on the green “Start” button to the right of “COA Application” to open and complete the application form.
Go to https://www.gfoa.org/coa-program-award-extensions for instructions on how to submit an extension request if you aren’t able to meet the submission deadline.