Advanced Government Accounting Series
Attendance of GFOA’s Accounting Academy, Government Accounting Intensive Series, an equivalent program, or comparable level of understanding of public-sector accounting and financial reporting.
Field of Study
Governmental accounting and financial reporting
Accounting and Financial Reporting
Offered Both as Group-Live Class and E-Learning Opportunity
This seminar is designed to provide participants with a solid working knowledge of specialized accounting and financial reporting used by state and local governments for selected topics.
Those who successfully complete this series should gain a basic understanding of the appropriate governmental accounting and financial reporting related to:
- Joint ventures, majority equity interests, and similar arrangements
- Sales and pledges of receivables and future revenues
- Compensated absences
- Government combinations and transfers of operations
- Risk financing
- Fiduciary activities
- Irrevocable split interest agreements
- Government-wide financial statements conversion and consolidation
- Environmental obligations: Landfills, pollution remediation, and asset retirement obligations
- Internal control
- Common deficiencies found in comprehensive annual financial reports
Who Will Benefit
Schedule and Sample Agenda
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, GFOA has cancelled all Group-Live training events through September 2021.
This course is taught by finance officers and other industry experts.