May 20, 2023Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Boulevard
- Field of Study: Personnel/Human Resources
- Credits: 4.00
- Prerequisite: None
- Status: This event has availability.
Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm PT
As technology advances and changes not only how we interact with critical systems (such as ERP systems) and with each other (through platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams), many governments have been able to offer remote work as an option for employees in the finance office. Regardless of your government’s specific policies on hybrid and remote work, it is very likely that as a manager, you will need to navigate this new reality - at least temporarily. Adding to the challenge, the new report, Meeting Demand for State and Local Public Finance Jobs, from GFOA and Lightcast shows that demand for state and local public finance officers is outstripping the current supply of workers in the sector, meaning governments may need to consider new strategies for recruiting talent. This session will explore challenges in navigating our current work environment and dealing with the new world of widespread remote work. Specific topics to be discussed include work schedules, communication preferences, managing distractions, and team culture.
- Member Price: $195.00
- Non-member Price: $260.00
- Those completing this seminar should be able to:
- Identify common challenges in managing a remote work force
- Learn best practices from other industries in managing a remote work force and how they can be applied or adapted for the public sector