Basic understanding of governmental generally accepted accounting principles.
Those responsible for the oversight, accounting, and financial reporting for government fiduciary activities; as well as auditors of governmental financial reports.
Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement No. 84, Fiduciary Activities, became effective for reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2018. GASB’s Implementation Guide-Fiduciary Activities, due to be released in May 2019, addresses issues identified by GASB’s stakeholders as they planned for the initial implementation of GASB 84.
This 2-hour internet training is designed to educate participants on the additional guidance provided by the GASB in the form of questions and answers regarding fiduciary activities including:
All topics will incorporate GASB’s new implementation guidance on financial activities
- The identification of a fiduciary component unit;
- Pension and OPEB arrangements that are not component units;
- Fiduciary activities, other than pension and OPEB arrangements and component units; and
- The proper reporting for fiduciary activities in the fiduciary funds.
- Determine when a pension or OPEB plan should be reported as a fiduciary fund or fiduciary component unit of the primary government.
- Understand when certain undertakings of a government (other than pension or OPEB arrangements) should be reported as fiduciary activities of the government.
- Identify when certain fiduciary fund types should be used (other than pension or OPEB arrangements).
- Understand the proper financial reporting for the government’s fiduciary activities.
- Be able to apply GASB’s new implementation guidance for fiduciary activities