Local government finance professionals who are interested in strengthening their communities' financial foundations
This webinar will delve deeper into the first pillar of the Financial Foundations Framework. Pillar 1: Establish a Long-Term Vision encourages local governments to create a shared vision to give people a reason to cooperate. Using case studies from other local governments, you will learn about the leadership strategies you can employ to develop a compelling long-term vision for your community.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the first pillar of GFOA’s Financial Foundations Framework: Establish a Long-Term Vision, including why a compelling vision is necessary for developing a strong financial foundation for your organization
- Learn how to promote collaboration and balance long-term goals with short-term needs using case studies from other local governments
- Identify ways your community can connect its long-term plan/vision/goals/priorities to its budget process
- Learn how communities are using data to inform their planning and decision making and evaluate how well your community incorporates data in its planning and decision making
- Identify challenges to long-term planning and learn steps some organizations have taken to overcome those