In order for a group of students to qualify as a GFOA student chapter, a chapter application/agreement must be submitted with the following information.
- A copy of the student chapter constitution and bylaws document
- The names of the resident faculty advisor, chapter mentor, and student chapter president
- Permanent e-mail address of the student chapter
- Statement of purpose
Click here to view the application.
- Chapter mentor who works in local government and is a GFOA member
- Faculty advisor who oversees chapter progress
- Student chapter president who is a student and able to organize meetings, events, tasks, etc. .
- Any other roles required by your school including vice president, treasurer, etc.
- Create a meeting schedule with regular meetings throughout the year.
- Recruit other students to become involved in the chapter.
- Coordinate events, guest speakers, etc. throughout the year.
- Communicate issues or needs to GFOA.
- Submit annual summary of chapter activities and events to GFOA.
Each student chapter must remain active throughout the year, or face termination.