May 20, 2023Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Boulevard
- Field of Study: Finance
- Credits: 6.00
- Prerequisite: Past Involvement with a school district budget process
- Status: This event has availability.
Time: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm PT
GFOA’s Alliance for Excellence in School Budgeting is a networked group of districts working collaboratively to implement best practices in school budgeting and deal with current challenges facing all school districts. This session will address the most pressing challenges that school districts face in budgeting and provide an overview of GFOA’s Smarter School Spending resources. In addition, attendees will learn about case study examples about HOW leading school districts from around the United States have implemented improved budget practices. Expected topics to cover include: long-term financial planning, budgeting for equity in school districts, investing in facility improvements, measuring student achievement, and federal grant programs and their impact on long-term spending.
- Member Price: $195.00
- Non-member Price: $260.00
- Those completing this seminar should be able to:
- Become familiar with GFOA Smarter School Spending tools
- Develop relationships with finance officers from leading school districts
- Identify strategies for addressing the most pressing challenges in school district budgeting